Saturday, November 13, 2010

Plug In Your Fic With Area Five


I have been seeing allot of tweets about Area Five for the last months. So as an honest reporter *snort* I dived in twitter and found the brains behind the site.
Vicllane (@twitter) and VampireQueen over at Area Five agreed to answer few of my question about the site.

What is Area Five? 

Area Five is an adult, quality controlled archive for Southern Vampire Mysteries/True Blood fan fiction.

When/why did it get started? 

The idea for the archive came about because of an msn chat I had with the lady who owns the site. I was complaining about the situation at fanfiction.net, where some authors were being targeted due to the adult content of their stories. Jodie (the owner) already ran a few Harry Potter fan fiction archives, and she told me she would set up a SVM/True Blood archive if I would run it for her. I of course agreed right away. That was back in September of this year.

Who are the admins of the site?

They're two admins on the site. MistressHerveaux, who is the owner of the site. And VampireQueen (which is me) I run the day to day operation for it. Validating the stories, and promoting it as best I can.

Validating the stories, how does that work exactly?

Validating is a simple. When someone submits a story it goes into a queue. I read over the story, checking for any errors. Canon words misspelled, spelling errors, etc. If there are any, I will either fixes them if there aren't too many, if the there are too many errors, the story is rejected. If a story is rejected will we give reasons for it, if the mistakes are fixed they can resubmit and providing is okay it'll be validated and accepted to the site.

Why should ff authors post on the site?

Southern Vampire Mysteries/True Blood fandoms are small fandoms but they are growing each day. At Area Five will accept all pairings, all ratings, all genres. We encourage rare pairings. We have/will have regular challenges. We encourage all kinds of interaction on the site, it is not just for authors. If you are just an avid reader of fan fiction will like to hear from you too.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Vickie, for answering these questions for us. :D

Don't forget to check out Area Five. I have already signed up, and I always go by ----

No comments: